Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Can Dustin get any happier? I think not!!!!

Incident 2-1
So I have been living in the Netherlands for the past 4 months without a car. Instead, my only form of transportation to and from school has been my bike. Over the months this bike has taken a beating as nature has thrown at it wind, rain, snow, sleet, and extreme cold. As you can guess, eventually the bike started to give way. It turns out the last 3 weeks I was here the breakdowns began. I was biking home from the train station after one of my many trips and my chain fell off. Being as it was behind a guard I was unable to get at it without the proper tools. I therefore held on to my friend Bryan’s bike as he pulled me home.

If I had been MacGyver . . .

I would have been exhausted from fighting a terrorist organization overseas because my friend Jack Dalton got in over his head once again. Things would have just wrapped up and I would be headed back to my houseboat on my bike when suddenly the chain popped off. I would have quickly removed my pocket knife in a manner allowing the camera to zoom in for dramatic effect. After quickly removing the screws on the chain cover a picture would have fallen to the ground as the cover came lose.

Turning the Polaroid picture over I would see a picture slowly come to life only to reveal Pete Thornton tied up with Murdoc’s scarred face revealing the newest scars caused by our last meeting, a meeting which I thought would have left him dead.

Just then I would realize a ticking sound, slowly scanning the bike I would softly open the silver bell casing to reveal differently colored wires attached to a small amount of extremely explosive C4. Knowing that I can’t leave the bike where it is because of Murdoc’s perfectly planned breakdown in the middle of the town center I begin to look around. I pull out stick of bubble gum to and use the tin wrapper to short-circuit the wiring mechanism. It doesn’t work. I run over to the school aged girl playing in the park and borrow a hair clip which I use to mend the chain.

Still, I realize I will never be able to get the bike out of the area soon enough. I notice a broken down car on the side of the road and quickly pop the hood. I remove the alternator belt and attach the mended bike chain linking the bike and car alternator. I then quickly rewire the car battery cables to the bike. I would quickly hop on the seat, backwards of coarse, covering my eyes, and vocalizing a clever line hoping this works, and begin to peddle, the wires begin to smoke and just before the final second clicks off the timer, it stops. Apparently the added charge disrupted the atomic clock and prevented the bomb from going off. I lower my head as I realize how narrowly I escaped being overtaken by Murdoc. Still, Pete was still in Murdoc’s clutches, and this wicked awesome two part episode would be completed by none other than the great J-Money.

Until next time,
Mac

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home