Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Computer Trouble

Incident 3-1

A youth kid from our high school group had taken some pictures for me at our last middle school meeting. I was supposed to download the pics to my home computer so I can show them at the next meeting. I forgot to download the pics, and so when she showed up at the door to retrieve her camera, I went into a panic and scrambled to get the job done. Well, the printer/camera card interface wouldn't work, so after making her wait for five minutes, I finally just gave her the camera back and told her I'd have to get them later.

If I'd been MacGyver . . .

That camera would have probably contained pictures of my kidnapped boss and friend Pete Thorton at the hands of Murdoc. I would have forgotten to download them, not because I'm absent minded, but because I'd spent the last two days recovering a lost Chinese satellite in the Congo.

As soon as the I entered the camera card into the printer and it refused to read the card, I would have popped the back off the computer tower and unscrewed the back off the camera. Using the wires from the inside of some twisty-ties from the drawer in my kitchen, I would have wired the camera directly into the computer and retrieved the pictures.

Then my houseboat would have blown up. But I got away. Wanna know how? Well, let's just say it looked a little
something like this . . .








Till next time,
Mac

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home