Monday, May 08, 2006

Grad Party

Incident 4-1

I flew in on a plane last Thursday night from Europe and then traveled down to Dordt College to attend the final party of the year and say goodbye to all my friends. Upon arrival I was greeted by a bunch of them and we had a good time. One of my friends and his fiance took off and then we realized he didn't leave with all the people he had taken to the party. This brought about a conundrum which placed me as the sole vehicle holder having to make two trips (about an hour drive) to carpool the group, or find alternative means. We eventually asked enough people and figured it out.

If I had been MacGyver...

I would have just arrived from a plain in Central America outwitting an arrogand and well dressed drug lord. In order to celebrate I would have introduced my buddies to non-alcoholic eggnog or the like. Something of my own creation developed at home in my own 15 dollar chemisty set and a friendly neighborhood wizard. Some people disbelieve this could happen, well take a look at this!!!



It would have tasted horrible. The crowds would have quickly spit it out just as my good old buddy Pete did, and I would have grabbed the cup from him and taken a quick swig only to defend its realatively good taste considering the process it just went through.

Still, my absent minded friend who arrived with a carfull of others would have still left without his full load, and I would be left with a problem considering that a rival gang known as the "tough boys" were about to overtake the local tavern in which the revelry was taking place. Upon finding one of their masks upon the floor I would quickly attempt to evacuate the area. The people would flee but my friends would still not have a ride.

I would run over to my jeep and dismantle the soft top. The canvas top would be cut appart using my swiss army knife. Wheels would not be immediately available and therefore I would send one of my friends to gather all the aluminum cans available and bring them back to me. Meanwhile the strips of canvas would then tie together the bracketry behind the Jeep to create a type of carrage. Upon my friends return I would hand him the knife and explain how he must cut the cans in halves and attach them to the bottom bracketry to create a type of sleigh. He would express his concern that this would quickly be torn apart on the concrete roads. Who said anything about riding home on concrete I would ask???

I would return to the tavern and find a Tough Boy hiding in the shadows, after cornering him and ripping of his mask I would realize he was in fact one of the young men at the local Boys and Girls club which I so frequently worked with. A look of shame would fill his face but he would urge me to get out of the area. I said I couldnt leave without knowing what was going on. He would spill it all and explain how he joined the gang. A flashback would occur as the audiance was provided with a quick overview of his difficult innercity circumstances. And to deepen the plot he would explain that he just overheard other members discussing their ties to the same Central American drug lord MacGyver had just worked against and how the gang is in fact after MacGyver for his actions.

Just then a shot echoes through the empty tavern and a beer bottle shatters to the ground. i would jump over the bar with the repentant gang member in my clutches. Ripping material off of an abandoned jacket I would ask him to shove them in these liquore bottles. Using them as small explosions I would set fire to the surrounding area as we crashed through a nearby window. We would race to the jeep with bullets in pursuit. Hopping into the jeep, my friends already in the newly made buggy, I would take off accross the parking lot and ramp into a nearby field. Knowing in advance that the width of the Jeep is in perfect measurement with 5 rows of corn the trailing sleigh slid accross the newly tilled dirt with little difficulty. As the distance between myself and the Tough Boys was increased the camera would pan back accross the tavern as the tough boys emerged with guns at their sides and dissapointment in their eyes.

Till next time,
Mac

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home