Friday, May 12, 2006

Who needs a plane ticket?

Incident 6-1

I received a call today from none other than the great Mark Elgersma. For you who do not know him, he is a spectacular money man who secretly really wants to be a youth leader and presently is hiding somewhere in the halls of Bethel College. The call was concerning a trip to Africa. He was guiding me through the paperwork and sadly had to give me the final blow. Because I didn’t have the moneys properly turned in I couldn’t go! Oh that crazy mark always pulling my leg.

If I had been MacGyver…

I would be traveling to Africa because I a former college girlfriend was experiencing governmental persecution while she was working at an orphanage in the area. Yet, it would also be clear that I couldn’t get a ticket into this land not because I didn’t have the cash but because the government would be watching. Yes, this would have to be yet another covert operation. I would have my friend Jack Dalton ship me over in a wooden casket. The paper work would be filled out directing the casket to be buried in this land.

Of coarse the plan would not go as planned and bad guys would likely attempt to stop Jack on the plane. He would quickly dart past them and toss the refreshment cart down the isle to slow them down. He would arrive at the cargo area, open the door, and toss the casket out! The camera would pan out as the casket was shown falling through the air and splashing into the ocean below.

Just then I would push a button, the sides and top would explode off the base where I was laying. I would unfold the handles which were hidden between my legs and hands, and up I would stand to take off the remainder of the trip half way across the ocean on my wooden Jet-Ski, casket style!

Till next time,
Mac